Welcome to Salford City Academy.
Thank you for taking an interest in developing your career at our academy. I am confident that what you will find here will demonstrate what a vibrant and welcoming learning environment we have at Salford City Academy.
At the academy, we have a very high aspirational culture and all our staff provide a vital contribution to our relentless pursuit of providing the highest standards of educational excellence.
We celebrated receiving a ‘Good’ Ofsted report in September 2015. The academy is maintaining this significant progress with solid foundations in teaching and learning and is aiming to achieve even more highly for the future.
As a part of United Learning, our academy benefits from the shared experiences, working practices and CPD opportunities that the Group offers.
Melanie Haselden, Principal
Salford City Academy is an 11-16 school, committed to providing the highest possible standards for teaching and learning in “Every Subject, Every Lesson, Every Day.”
Our aim is to ensure all students achieve their academic potential, whilst receiving high-quality pastoral care, in an exceptionally positive climate for learning.
Ultimately, we want all our students to be able to move on successfully in the future. We believe that students’ success at school and beyond can be driven not by social background or ability but by the quality and kind of education that they receive.
- Salford City Academy is a friendly community school.
- Our ‘Every Subject, Every Lesson, Every Day’ mission illustrates how committed and determined we are to ensure our education provision is the very best, so our students can be too.
- We are caring and supportive of students and their families through our high-quality pastoral care department.
- The academy encourages and inspires students to be anything they want to be through their studies; we don’t let anything stand in the way of our students’ ambitions.
- A chance to become part of one of the most established academy groups in the country
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential
- Colleagues who are supportive and committed to each other’s professional development
- Excellent facilities and resources
- Free car parking
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Dining card;
- Gym membership;
- Health screening;
- Retail savings.
By joining Salford City Academy you will also become part of United Learning - a unique group of independent and state schools working together to bring out the best in everyone. Our vision is to provide excellent education, which prepares young people to progress in learning and to make a success of their lives. United Learning focuses sharply on the evidence of what makes it more likely that young people will progress and succeed, apply that to classroom practice, allowing schools to continue to learn and develop. It is a priority to provide teachers with excellent professional support and development, so that every child receives an excellent experience.
The approach is underpinned by a sense of moral purpose and commitment to doing what is right for children and young people, supporting colleagues to achieve excellence and acting with integrity in all our dealings within and beyond the organisation, in the interests of young people everywhere.
The development programmes offer access to tailor-made training no matter your career stage, alongside unrivalled opportunities for your career development across both the maintained and independent sectors. The Performance and Development Reviews (PDR) encompass personal aspiration, impact on pupil achievement and identification of continuous professional development and training that is right for you and your future. For more information please visit our dedicated careers site.