- About Us
- Contact Us
Salford City Academy provides our students with inspirational careers education and is committed to further improve the standard of its advice and guidance provision. In recognition of its careers education provision for students, Salford City Academy has been awarded with the Inspiring IAG Gold Award, by Connexions.
The careers team at Salford City Academy is determined to provide students with the very best advice and guidance to help them make informed decisions about their future.
Salford City Academy's careers education provision includes:
- Motivating and personalised work experience programmes for Year 10 and Sixth Form students. The academy has recently arranged placements with organisations such as Toni & Guy, the Army, Salford Reds and many local schools.
- Three "Careers Weeks" which involve a whole-school focus on careers, qualifications and pathways.
- Student access to "U-EXPLORE" - a new and engaging website designed to provide secondary school students with real-life, up-to-date information about their career choices.
- Working with the Connexions service to give students access to a personal adviser who provides impartial information, advice and guidance to help them plan their future careers.
- Working with Aim Higher to provide students with opportunities for finding out about higher education through university campus visits and enrichment activities.
The strength of Salford City Academy's Sixth Form careers advice has led to 100% success in UCAS applications since the academy opened. Every one of our Sixth Form students has gone on to further education, employment or training.