/ Categories: News
Year 7 complete Citizenship project
Salford City Academy’s Year 7 students took part in an Academisation Day on Friday 23th October.
The day was the culmination of a Citizenship scheme of work and saw students take part in several activities to adapt them to academy life and build their resilience through challenges including fun and interactive team-building and problem-solving tasks!
The 7-week scheme of work focused on developing and improving our Year 7 as well-rounded learners and students and included the following:
- Academy procedures, behaviour, attendance and punctuality
- Transition - Setting challenges and having aspirations
- Developing study, presentation and organisational skills.
- Developing identity as a learner, preferred style of learning
- Self Esteem – Recognising personal strengths, qualities, skills and achievements and how they impact self-esteem
- Changing self-esteem - Accepting useful feedback and rejecting unhelpful criticism
- Growth Mindset
The day ended with all our Year 7 students making pledges to themselves about how they will aim to be a better learner.