/ Categories: News
Year 9 Options Week
We want our students to make the best choice they can for their Year 10 subjects; in order to support this Salford City Academy held its Year 9 Options Week, which began on the 11th January 2016 and students benefited from:
- Options Assemblies – students heard all about the process and specialist leaders provided overviews of the subjects on offer
- Year 9 Parents and Options Evening – meetings with subject staff regarding student progress and further options advice available from careers staff
- Options Taster Day – students sampled a unit project and gained a realistic view of specific courses of interest with a choice of taster sessions including art, construction, childcare, food and nutrition, music, business studies, computing, drama, RS, hair and beauty, citizenship
- Options Fair – students had the opportunity to talk to subject staff as well as students currently on courses
- Parents and Students Options Meetings – discussions with an SLT member, Inclusion Manager or Head of Year
- One-to-one Connexions Meetings – optional meeting for impartial guidance with a Connexions advisor
Options forms can then be submitted and students do have until Friday 29th January to hand them in.
Year 8 Options Week begins on Monday 25th January 2016!