We Need You!
/ Categories: News
Mentor groups electing representatives for Student Council
Salford City Academy is currently elected student leaders within each mentor group so that we can continue to establish a robust student council that allows students to share their opinions on a range of school themes that will include learning, rewards and improvements to the learning environment.
Our Year 10 Prefect team are in training at the moment and have taken on leadership responsibilities with enthusiasm and dedication.
One of their first tasks was to plan and deliver assemblies to all year groups, introducing themselves, sharing their roles and expectations. The prefects then asked mentor groups to elect 2 form representations who will meet with senior prefects every month.
We encourage students to take an active role in the decision-making processes of the academy; the aims of our student council:
- To promote the welfare of all students;
- To encourage student participation in all aspects of school life including enrichment, community involvement, fundraising;
- Offer all students a forum to have their opinions heard and their views taken into account when decisions are made;
- To play a key role as ambassadors for the Academy, supporting staff at Open Evenings, and in the local community;
- Empower students; improve social skills, confidence, knowledge and transferable skills in a range of areas; and
- To promote active citizenship.