Significant Change Consultation: Changes to our building
We are very excited about the changes we are making to Salford City Academy. We are developing a number of areas of the school, particularly within the Irwell Building, to create more specialised, dedicated learning spaces for our students. We are also expanding our dining facilities to give our students a better experience at lunchtimes.
The new learning spaces will mean we can take in additional students, taking our capacity up to 900 students. This will be reflected in our Year 7 admissions numbers, which will formally increase from 150 to 180 from September 2022.
We are working very closely with Salford City Council and United Learning on the changes to ensure they are fully funded and that the impact of the building work on our school community is kept to a minimum.
We have already talked with many of you last year about these plans, but we now want to make sure that everyone in our school community and beyond has a chance to raise any concerns or provide feedback about the proposals.
Please take a look at an overview of our plans and what lies ahead for Salford City Academy as we go from strength to strength. Link to plans here.
If you have any questions or feedback, please either complete the Form here, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The consultation is open from Monday 07th February 2022 to Friday 18th March 2022.
Summary of the Changes:
- Refurbishment of large double classroom space in Irwell Building to become Performing Arts Space
- Refurbishment of an existing Design & Technology space to become two Design & Technology classrooms.
- Refurbishment of music practice rooms to enable bespoke SEND and counselling provision for students.
- Creation of a Performing Arts teaching area that creates flexibility and room for Drama and Music.
- Creation of a Music teaching area which contains a classroom, music practice rooms and an equipment store.
- Expansion of the dining facilities.