0161 789 5359

What are My Options After Year 11?

There are a number of options for Year 11 students following their GCSEs, which include:


Salford City College have centres in Eccles, Pendleton, Walkden, as well as Futureskills and City Skills.

Others include Loreto College, Trafford College, Manchester College, plus many more in the wider area. 

Grades needed - Each college has a range of courses that require different grades from E/F - B/C grades.  The higher grades you achieve, the less time you will need to spend at college. 


This is full time work with training in a specific job role which usually lasts for 2-3 years.

Job roles include accounting, hairdressing, childcare, construction, engineering, plus many others. 

Grades needed - Usually you require C grades in maths, English and Science, plus a positive reference. 


These are training programmes for young people not quite ready for a full apprenticeship.  They are an opportunity to improve grades, confidence and work experience. 

Grades needed - Usually you will be accepted with grades lower than Cs, and you will be supported in English and maths re-sits if necessary (C grades are needed in these.)

Employment with Training

This is a full time job which offers qualifications related to the job role from an accredited provider. 

Grades needed - This will vary depending on the employer, but most will ask for C grades in maths and English.  You need to show employers confidence and an ability to work with others. 

The school is part of United Learning. United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12.
Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB. Tel: 01832 864 444

United Learning